Background

Saturday, October 3, 2015

An Inflated Birthday Card


I worked up this card recently to give to my dad on his birthday.  The man card can be so tough, but my Avery Elle Balloons Clear stamp and die set was just what I needed.  I used some Simon Says Stamp hybrid inks to ink up the balloons and the card.  These stamps can be a bit tricky to stamp so I just made and die cut a bunch of them.  Now I have some for another card if I need them later.

On the inside I used my Penny Black Sweet Wishes stamp set and colored with Inktense watercolor pencils.

A simple, but effective card. I've been hoping around the internet enjoying World Cardmaking Day and will be linking up with the following:

Simon Says Stamp's World Cardmaking Day post

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenege: Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #203: Anything Goes

Today's the day - get crafty and join World Cardmaking Day.  We're all having fun.




6 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, I appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Andie. The Kraft gives it a classic touch.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I have free images up today. Please stop by again so you can grab them.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ballons and blue is my favorite color so you got me with this card:). It;s gorgeous and I love the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Andie! I love the cute balloons and the colours are lovely. A perfect masculine card :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card and love those balloons! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?