Background

Friday, October 18, 2013

It's a Man's Birthday- 89th in fact!





My grandfather's birthday was earlier this month.  Not just the dreaded Man Card, but an Old Man Card.  He'd laugh to see me say that. 

I was inspired by this Pinterest pin.  I used my Cricut Straight From the Nest cart <leaves2> to cut out these leaves from some script printed papers in the stash.  These are easily 5 years old if not older.  A little Forest Most and Barn Door Distress Ink applied with an Ink Blending Tool around the edges finishes the leaves.  The strip of paper on the left is glassine paper that I crumpled up  and then opened up and placed on the kraft matted paper.








There's a bit more dimension with the glassine paper than the picture shows.  The kraft mat paper is edged with some Barn Door Distress ink and the twine wound around before placing on the card.  The inside had a simple Happy Birthday stamp.

Grandpa is 89 years old.  He still objects to being called old.  I'm old, so I think he can man up and own it himself.  He'd laugh if he knew I said that.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!  I love you dearly.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, love kraft glassine. And it's a nice card, I'm sure he'll appreciate the love it represents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun creation for your grandfather! I bet he loves it too huh? Oh but then, who wouldn't like something that beautiful? Happy Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wonderful card! Love the design and the papers! Didn't you know? After the age of 70 we are young again, so he is 89 years young :-) LOL I feel old :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?