Background

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Paint Monoprint

This ink monoprint made with a stencil and some Distress Paint.  I wouldn't consider this a total success, but maybe it qualifies in the realm of mixed media art.  The images are made by daubing Distress Paint on the opposite side of a stencil, mixing colors a bit.  Then the stencil is pressed onto the paper creating the print.  Here I used the Tim Holtz Bubble stencil and another stencil I had on hand. 
I applied some Distress ink to blend and smooth the background.  The result is probably a little dark.  I'm thinking if I use some of the brighter paints this would work a little better, though a dark background has it's places.  It might also be good to have a couple of different stencils- my assortment is limited.


2 comments:

  1. Great for a background though - add some autumnal leaves would be perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, totally a Mixed Media style background. And autumnal leaves would be perfect!

    PS be careful about stencils they can be as addicting as stamps. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?