Background

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Stamping Through a Stencil

This next technique uses a stencil to stamp through the image.  I also think this technique begs the use of a stencil with more open space.  The stash just didn't include many options, but I found this foot print stencil.  I think I originally purchased the animal paw print side of this stencil, not the human foot print side.  Still, it works for this example.  I occurs to me that I could create my own stencil with the Cricut, duh!  However, I'm playing catch up on my class so I made due for this example.

For this technique, Tim (yes, we're just that familiar LOL) suggested taping the stencil.  I totally agree.  A light layer of Distress Ink, in this case Worn Lipstick, is applied through the stencil.  After that, the stamp (I used a border stamp) is inked with archival ink.  In my example, I used CTMH Hollyhock.  I also used a cling stamp, but I didn't use a acrylic block.  It makes the stamping flexible and I simply pressed down over the stamped area.  I think I most love the tiny curlicue on the right foot's big toe. 

I'm imaging many good uses for this technique.  This is one of the techniques

I'd like to pursue creatively in the future.  I'll put a bookmark on this one and play some more later.




1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful and love the stamping through the stencil - great idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?