Background

Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Distress Paint Marbling


My OnlineCardClass, Creative Chemistry 102, started Monday.  To my huge disappointment, my shipment from Simon Says Stamp which contained the Distress Paints required for the first day of class was delayed in shipping by SSS such that it didn't arrive until Wednesday.  Needless to say, my participation was limited to listening/watching the videos and trying not to be mad that my shipment wasn't there yet.  Oh well, making lemonade out of my lemons, I sat down last night to catch up. 

The first technique used Distress Paints to create a marbling effect much like the Distress Stain Stamping technique. 



The paints are reactive with water until they dry.  After that, they are permanent.  This first sample has a better result, though I think I might have used too much water.  I also didn't apply any Distress Ink to the result because I wanted to keep the original paint result to view my test product.  


The second attempt resulted in a more marbled effect.  Practice makes perfect.  I really like this result and may yet apply some Distress Stain to add layers of color.  Cool technique. 


I feel woefully behind on class work.  I'm hoping to get at least one more post together this afternoon.  The pictures aren't the best as I'm making due at work with my cell phone- better than nothing as I want to spend a great deal of time this weekend participating in the class instead of taking pictures.  Wish me well!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the technique Andie, your got a great result! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between you and someone I know at my LSS I'm gonna have to pay for both those Tim Holtz classes and play a lot of catch up. I love what I've seen and need to know it all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?