Background

Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Distress Paint Stamping Resist


I'm thinking this sample turned out!  The concept with this technique is that you use Distress Paint to stamp a relatively detailed image (the fluidity of the paint allows for fine detail) and allow the paint to dry completely.  Usually a lighter color of paint works best.  After the paint is completely dry, apply Distress Ink with a Blending Tool .  The paint will resist the Distress Ink.  After you have achieved the look you like, spritz a soft cloth with water and rub over the stamped image.  This will remove any ink that has temporarily stuck to the paint and "brighten up" the stamped image.

This technique is for the book.  I'll be using this one.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used on this tag! So glad you are taking this class, I couldn't do it because I didn't take CC101.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and fun technique, and the result is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful - I love the flourish and the great colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?