Background

Monday, October 28, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Faded Alcohol Ink Layers


I found this stray set of pictures from my Creative Chemistry 102 class.  This technique is interesting and I definitely need to play with it more.  First, a layer of various colors of alcohol ink is applied to the alcohol ink paper using a this technique.  While the ink is still wet, place a stencil over the inked background.  Apply Ink Blending Solution to the felt pad on an Ink Blending Tool.  Lightly tap the blending solution through the open areas of the stencil.  In my case, I used the Tim Holtz Bubbles stencil and a letter stencil from the stash- at least a decade old.  After I lifted enough ink off, I dried the entire surface with my heat tool.  The rose is stamped using Archival Black ink.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! The background is fabulous and love how your rose just pops! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an awesome technique, the results is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. Love the verdigris you ended up with. Another new technique for me to try? OMG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag Andie! My favorite colors and very cool technique! You did a wonderful job! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?