Background

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Colored Crackle


This technique uses the Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  The shapes were die cut out of Grungeboard.  In this case, one of the Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret flowers and a leaf from the Classic Leaf dies.  A thin coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint is applied.  Once completely dry, Distress Paint in various colors are daubed onto the crackles.  I really don't like the result, but that could have to do with the colors of paint that I have, none of the bright colors.  I thought the paint would have a richer brown color but the result ended up being this dull color of brown.  Some improvement occurred then Distress Ink is applied to the image with an ink blending tool.
Water was spritzed on the piece and the Distress ink soaked into and defined the crackles more effectively. 

Still, this will take me some time to play and figure out how to effectively use this technique.  That may not happen as I don't know that I plan to purchase much more of the Distress Paint


2 comments:

  1. I think they look good, and could totally envision *using* them on a project. What I don't know if I can envision is having the patience to make them for a specific project - to many steps and to much drying time. You know how and when I craft, that doesn't work so well for my routine. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think these are fabulous. I can see them on an altered vintage item - TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?