Background

Friday, October 25, 2013

A Boss' Day Card


I volunteered to make a card for boss' day last week.  How could I not, the stash was calling out to be used.  I combed the internet and found the poem here. It seemed to fit- a little bit honest acknowledging all the roles that a boss has that you don't, a little bit funny (corny one might say, but I really like the word Hence), and a little bit sweet. 

I used gold embossing powered after stamping the asters with my Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamps.  I then cut the flowers and shaped them, layering different colors of paper- brown cardstock, patterned paper with gold embossing, and patterned paper without the embossing. 

The background paper is from the stash- old.  By old I mean at least a couple of years old.  It is a Paper Loft Gentler Times.  It was time to use that paper!  It works here to create a fall look and definitely looks different from the fru-fru that I usually do for the ladies at work.  The brown cardstock die cuts were made using my Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On.  Additionally, I used my Our Daily Bread's Fancy Foliage to make the green cardstock leaf swirls. 

On the inside, I printed the finish for the poem.  A distressed piece of the matching patterned paper, one more leaf swirl and a little distressing.  Just right for 8-12 of my co-workers to sign and pass on to the boss.  I hope she felt special- it was fun to make the card.


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Those flowers on the front are stunning and I love the papers. The torn corner to reveal the sentiment is such a lovely touch! Inside is just as wonderful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, the colors are unique and the blooms are pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?