Background

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Embossing Through a Stencil- A Second Try

This is a second attempt to use Distress Ink to create a patterned emboss through a stencil.  This is achieved by applying Distress Ink (I used Seedless Preserves) through the stencil (I used Tim Holtz's Bubbles).  The stencil is removed and clear embossing powder applied.  The powder is randomly removed from the image by flicking the back of the tag and then heated to melt the embossing powder.  After the embossing has cooled, the stencil is returned to the tag in the exact same location.  A darker contrast (I used Vintage Photo) Distress Ink is applied to the image, pushing ink down over the stencil.  Some Distress ink was applied to the background to finish the look.


This is a technique I need to try again.  It seems a little bit tricky.  I so loved the rusted enamel technique that I'm going to keep at it until I get it right.


3 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?