Background

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Love and Hugs


I mentioned in this post that my bestie and blog-sharer Brandy celebrated a birthday earlier this month.  It is a bit daunting having a bestie with such artistic talent.  This caused me to make a run at a couple different card designs and I'm sharing the results of those efforts.  These cards are beautiful, but they just didn't make the cut for my Brandy. Just a note - these cards are A7 sized.  A best friend deserves a little bigger card to celebrate her birthday!


I used Distress Oxides to stamp the individual flowers and then a colored pencil to add some color back into the blooms.  The card front was stamp and embossed with clear sparkle embossing powder to give a finished look.  A light brushed ink created a pale backdrop for the flowers.  This led to my last attempt.


For this card, I wanted a saturated backdrop and so I used a lot more color to blend.  In the end, I liked all three cards, but I liked the second design that I made more than that.  So, these go into the stash.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?