Background

Friday, March 13, 2020

Stash On Hand Birthday Cards


A few weeks ago my son said he had a friend having a baby and was on his way to get a gift for the baby shower. I happen to know the young lady, so I asked why he didn't ask me to make her a card?  His response was that he had been busy and hadn't thought about it. Which lead to him telling me that he didn't understand why he doesn't have an assortment of cards on hand considering his mom makes them?  Good question.

We agreed I would start working on an all occasion card set for him.  Since I routinely do this for my sister, I figured I would do some for her as well.


I wanted to use supplies I had in the stash, and this is what I came up with for the first designs.  I used my Papertrey Ink Your Beautiful Birthday stamp set for the cake and sentiment.  I really like this set, I have used it before and the best part is that they sent as a free gift!

I used several different inks to do the stamping Altenew, Wendy Vecchi Archival, and the red, very bright red, blue, and yellow is from Rina K.'s Electro Pop line.  I have to say, I really think that one is my favorite, maybe because it is different.

The background for the banners were all stamped so long ago using Distress Oxides and put in the stash for safe keeping.





I have really loved using so many supplies that have been in the stash for so long, but I love that my son wanted my cards more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?