Background

Thursday, February 25, 2016

City Crafter Challenge #300 - Polka Dots Making a Card Set


I'm back again with my last card for the month long guest designer spot at the City Crafter Challenge Blog.  This month has flown by, but I can say that I've been challenged and inspired.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to join.  For this last challenge, my card is a little more abstract in the take on the inspiration.  The challenge is to create a card or project and add polka dots to your project (patterned paper, stamps, etc.).    We've this inspiration photo to work from:


I went shopping in the Scrapbox and found this blue embossed cardstock.  Once I made the original card for the challenge, I knew I wanted to replicate the design and cread a card set that I could give as a gift.  Thus, the two cards I am sharing with you today were born.

Just like the challenge card, I started the image by stamping the container onto Strathmore watercolor paper.  I followed the techniques in this video to soften the color and place and soften the flowers from the Flower stamp set.  The grass was created using the Foliage stamp set.  All images were stamped using Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Shaded Lilac, Worn Lipstick, Faded Jeans, and Seedless Preserves).  I have a small size 3 watercolor brush I used for all the images.  I used my SSS Stitched Rectangles dies to die cut the image and the grey mat.


I'm not as big a fan of this large barrel, but I think I made it work, don't you?  The Art Impressions stamps are so easy to use - anyone can make a beautiful work of art using these stamps.  My cards are proof!  If you haven't given them a try, I highly recommend the entire set.

Please come join the City Crafter Challenge Blog for another challenge- what inspires you from the photo?  Be sure to use polka dots somewhere on your project.  I can't wait to see you over there.

I decided to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.   Come join the fun.



5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These cards are so lovely., Andie. Your brushwork is amazing. Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are gorgeous.Your water coloring is soft, subtle and perfect. It has been such a pleasure and privilege to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wonderful scenes - beautiful work! Thanks for sharing them with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and loving these water colours. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?