Background

Thursday, February 4, 2016

City Crafter Challenge 297 - More Fantastic Plastic

.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I have been playing around with my acrylic trading cards and decided to make a set of cards with a few different techniques.  On this card, I used blue and silver alcohol ink applied to the backside with a Ink Blending Tool to create the mottled effect.  I then stamped the front of the trading card with white ink.  The photo makes it tough to discern, but in person this card has a lot of wow factor.  I went shopping in the ScrapBox and round the metal pieces (a kind of staple really that you press through the patterned paper), the paper flower I dyed with alcohol ink and the twine.  The patterned paper is adhered to a Tim Holtz metal card which creates a nice frame for my card.

If you haven't already, you should consider joining the fun over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog.  The theme this week is Fantastic Plastic and the inspiration photo is:



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love that background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another GORGEOUS piece Andie, thanks again for the shout out! You are such a fabulous Special guest star! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?