Background

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

City Crafter Challenge 297 - Fantastic Plastic


Good morning!  I get the distinct pleasure of being the guest designer over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog for the entire month of February.  I've been working at a feverish pace to come up with some cards inspired by this week's challenge which is Fantastic Plastic.  Hostess Kirsty picked this photo to inspire us:


The theme requires that you use something plastic on your project – eg acetate, shrink plastic, friendly plastic.  In my case, I used an acrylic trading card.  I applied orange alcohol in to the backside of the acrylic card.  Once the ink was dry, I then stamped with black water based ink.  After a short pause, I used a soft cloth to wipe off the water based ink.  The water based ink picked up the alcohol ink off the acrylic and acted as a resist for the alcohol ink.  This Clear Scraps technique video demonstrates this quick and easy technique.

I sure had a lot of fun with this challenge.  I still have my tools out on the workbench, so I'm going to try to carve some time out to make other examples inspired by the photo.  Why don't you hop on over to the City Crafter Challenge Blog and join the fun?


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andie!! So happy that you are Guesting with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is so cool. Such a fun piece. Thanks for being our special guest star at City Crafter, it is always a pleasure to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie your take on the theme is gorgeous; I love te splash of colors. I am struggling with orange but you used it in a wonderful way; wow! I know what you mean with working full time; crafting is such an important way to relax and having some "me-time". I am glad that you are Giesting with us this month. It's a privilege to have you on the team!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've made the plastic element the focal point of your card, and adding such beautiful details! Thank you so much for being our Guest Star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent, Andie! Congratulations on your Special Guest Star spot on City Crafter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being Guest Designer! I love that card and that little ATC is beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being guest star at City Crafter, fabulous work and so inspirational.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?