Background

Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Passel of Ocean Themed Cards





A while back I stamped a bunch of card fronts using my Hero Arts June 2018 Card Kit in various colors.  I selected the best card and made it into a Father's Day card for my husband.  Today, I'm sharing the cards that I made using those card fronts.





I had forgotten the excitement at the potential of the sand embossing powder from the kit.  It looks so much better in person.  Detailed and variegated, it really looks like wet sand on the cards.






I couldn't decide which colors to make the card fronts, so I used a variety of dye and pigment inks.  Each has it's own look and so I still couldn't say which I like best.







I might have to say that I like the contrast created by the deep brown frames.  I also am not convinced about the palm trees.  Proportion is a tricky thing and I'm thinking these don't exactly work as I've used them.  Nonetheless, I like the overall feel of these cards for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?