Background

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Peace On Earth - Using Polychromos Colored Pencils for Christmas Tags


I've made an effort to create quite a few Christmas tags this year.  Not sure they will all be used, but I do intend to attempt to sell a few at a local store.  We'll see how that works out for me.  I just love my Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas stamp and die set, so I pulled it out to create these tags using the angel and the nativity images.  The tags were die cut using a Studio Katia tag die and Distress Oxide ink blended with Barn Door.  This creates the lovely fade from a purple maroon color to the deeper red version.  I love how the base turned out.

The images were colored using my Polychromos colored pencils.  Easy to use and a great effect.  I couldn't capture the sparkle I added to the angel wings - I think it had to do with the contrast of that dark background, but it is sparkly in person!


I tried a red-dressed Mary to see how it looked with the maroon background - not so great.  My husband even commented - that looks wrong.  Well, I colored it so I made the tag.  That one might not make it out the door though.

All in all, a very fun day of coloring - I think this might count for one of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge with Kathy Racoosin.  Hooray!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?