Background

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Around and Around We Go



I have been on a mission to minimize my crafty purchases not only by using what I have, but by combining manufacturers and using up scraps.  This is not an easy task as I am sure most of you know.

A while back I bought what I thought was a set of dies from Altenew to cut circle frames, what I didn't realize is that it is only one die that cuts quite a few circles of different sizes at the same time.  Honestly,  I was disappointed, but it was my mistake so with lemons you are supposed to make lemonade,  right?  Anyway, I thought I could figure out a way to make the circles into rainbows,  didn't workout so the remaining pieces went into the die cut stash (yes, I keep die cuts that I think should be good for something at some point) for well over a year that is where they were.

Recently, while going through my scrap stash I cam across some 3×6 scraps of paper from who know what project.  These were the perfect size to make enclosure cards.  Looking for what to use on them I got into the above mentioned die cut stash and found those circles.  I married the two items by simply scoring the paper in half and gluing a circle from each color of the rainbow in different sizes on the front of the card.  To make it somewhat more finished a simple "hello" or "thanks" sentiment from Waffle Flower's Label Greeting stamp set and these are done.  I have no idea if they will ever get used, so for now they are in the finished card stash.


What do you do with your leftover scraps/die cuts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?