Background

Monday, November 11, 2019

Making Beautiful Cards From Scraps


I have realized that I am a scrap hoarder.  I keeps pieces of paper from projects thinking I will use them on some other creation in the future, but inevitably the next new thing or idea comes along and the pile of scraps keeps growing.   What to do?

I decided I would makes some baby cards with leftover printed papers from paper bag albums I have made over the years and these are the result.

I used a Taylored Expressions die for (don't remember the name, but definitely a TE die). I cut the stork and rocking horse with  a baby set that I don't remember where it cam from, and then pieced the papers into the frame.  You can obviously tell which ones are for boys/girls even without a sentiment.  Relatively easy.



However, what I started as way to use up some scraps, really only generated more as you can see by the pieces in the plastic bags.  I estimate 20 more cards could be made from these alone.  If I never bought another piece of patterned paper I would never run out.

What crafty treasures do you hoard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?