Background

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Happy 111th Birthday - That's a Milestone Birthday Card!

My grandfather (who is preparing to celebrate his 96th birthday at the beginning of October, Lord willing) recently heard about Lawrence Brooks who will celebrate his 111th birthday soon.  Both my grandfather and Mr. Brooks are World War II vets and my grandfather wanted to send him a birthday card as requested in this news article.  My grandfather wondered if I had a special card? 

I, of course, did not have a card specifically to celebrate 111 years or the birthday of one with such a history.  So, I decided (with a little inspiration from my bestie, Brandy) to get out my Spellbinders May 2019 Large Die of the Month and make this special card for my grandfather to send to Mr. Brooks.  The background was created with my Brusho watercolor crystals and I think it simply makes this card!  I handmade the flag (forgive my wobbly hand, but I thought it made the card a little special) and the sentiment at the bottom was using my Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banners stamps and dies.  I hope Mr. Brooks knows how special he is! I definitely know how special my grandfather is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?