Background

Thursday, January 23, 2020

I'm Just Counting the Happies


Brandy and I had a bit of excitement last year when Legion came out with black watercolor cardstock.  So we hurried up and bought some.  Brandy, being more artistic and adventurous, has already put her black watercolor cardstock to good use.  You can read more about it here and here and here.  The only think I had the courage to investigate was some swatching that I'd have to say was mixed results (at least).    I finally was inspired to use some Winsor Newton Gouache with my Mission Gold watercolors and these cards are the results of those endeavors.


The image was clear heat embossed onto the black watercolor paper using my Scraps of Love Smile stamp set.  I ended up white heat embossing the sentiment because I didn't appreciate how the sentiment looked when it was just black (i.e., clear).  I ended up having to paint the dots back into the daisy after all the painting was completed and the edges of the card front were softened with Picket Fence Distress Ink.


All in all, I'm super pleased with how these cards turned out.  I have a few more painted card fronts that I'll share when I get them made into cards.  A wonderful experiment and a different technique for me.  I couldn't be more pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?