Background

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Happy Birthday Birdie!


Happy 65th Birthday!  This week marks the 65th birthday of a very special member of my family,  Aunt Ruth!  Before I talk about the card, I have to acknowledge the wonderful person it was made for. Aunt Ruth is such a generous and loving person, giving way more to those that she loves than she should.  She is smart and funny.  She also loves Arizona's Love Birds; which brings us to the card.

To start with, I have said in several posts I am determined to use the plethora of supplies and tools I have in the stash instead of buying more just to pile on top. I am holding true to that promise and loving the results.  Here I used a Tim Holtz steel ruled die Caged Bird Bigz.  The die is so old the package doesn't name the die, just the number.  Regardless, of how old it is, it is a classic I have had for years and finally used it.

I inked the love bird with Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks.   The cage was embossed with Ranger embossing powder in vintage cream on the bottom and princess gold on top.

I used the leaf die and happy birthday music stamp from the Papertrey Ink Songbird stamp and dies sets  the background was cut from Wplus9 oatmeal paper, embossed with a Fun Stampers Journey folder, and Tea Dye oxide ran over the top of the embossed images.

Whew, that sounds like a lot more effort than it actually took.  This is probably one of my favorite cards in recent history,  I love how it turned out and I only used things from the stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?