Background

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Some Swatching Love


I recently picked up the new Waffle Flower Color Combos stamp and die set, Bullet List stamp and Swatch tag die.  I also picked up some white gouache to use with my Mission Gold Watercolors.  This is the end product of a play session that started with the messy swatches on black watercolor paper (pictures down below).

After I started on the black cardstock trying out the watercolor without gouache masstone,  watercolor without gouache ombre and the watercolor with gouache on black cardstock, it struck me that I could use my new Waffle Flower products to make a comparison swatch.  So, I added masstone swatches for each color o and masstone color+gouache on hotpress watercolor paper.   A fair amount of die cutting and stamping later and I have a full set of swatches. 

Some things I learned:

  1. Most of the watercolors don't work on the black watercolor paper.  I didn't expect them to, but it is something to note.
  2. I need more practice on my watercolor to gouache ratio.  Since originally I was just playing, I simply enjoyed the differences in color intensity and tried to learn.  If I set out to make these swatches, I'd have been more intentional about uniformity.
  3. I really do love my Mission Gold watercolors.  They are so vibrant!
  4. I like the look of the gouache and will definitely try in a card sometime soon.
  5. I don't like my handwritting at all!


























In the end, such a fun day of crafting.  It didn't produce a card, but it did light my creative fire.  It's good to remember that these exercises help to inspire us. 










I also did my Starry colors and Finetec metallic paints.  These are so pretty, I must remember to use them soon as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?