Background

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Just Sitting Here Thinking About A 95th Milestone Birthday Card


My grandfather recently celebrated his 95th birthday.  I adore my grandfather and wanted to make a special card for his birthday since it is kinda a milestone.  I thought about making a card featuring "9" and "5", but I had previously done that for 90 and so I wanted something different.

I think this scene card created with MFT's Make Yourself At Home stamp set was a perfect solution.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut out all of the furniture and decorative pieces.  Trying for a homey, but masculine feel, I decided to add the more neutral colored lamp and vase.  I think it worked!  The card base and the floor are stamped using my Concord and 9th Barnwood background stamp.


On the inside, a sentiment stamped with my Concord and 9th Happy Day stamp set.  The "H" in my Happy stamp has lost a serif, but I couldn't resist getting the "9" and "5" on here somewhere!


Since I had the pieces on the table, I decided for a much more feminine look on this second card.  I like them both, but think the one for my grandfather is more fitting.  I forgot how fun making a scene can be...

I'm entering the second card in Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge All Things Pink since it is pink inspired.




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards! The scenes look wonderful in both link and blue 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?