Background

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Joy at Christmas


I was on fire when I saw Spellbinders Shapeabilities Joy Etched dies Holiday 2019 release last month.  I can't say what about the dies so attracted me, but I had a couple of different color combinations in mind and so I'm sharing the outpouring of these ideas here today.  The gold heat embossed die image in the background was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's video.  She didn't address it much, but you really have to find the stack up on your die machine which creates a light touch - for me it wasn't any stack up recommended by the machine manufacturer, but ended up being minus one cutting plate and the embossing pad.







I'm saving a few of these pink versions for a gift - they really telegraph soft and I truly enjoy how the pearl accents add to the soft look.


A few more cards are done and we're on to other projects.  Yay!  I'm entering the pink cards in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge Simon Says Think Pink.


1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with this die, too, Andie! Love the colors you put together to show it off! Thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?