Background

Friday, October 4, 2019

Starting in on the Christmas Cards


I used to always pick a card design and then make 50 - 70 of that card to call them my "Christmas Card".  I enjoyed the repetitiveness of the process and the end result with a ton of cards, all the same, lined up and looking pretty.  Since I started to sell my cards at a local boutique store (Rowan Tree, check them out if you are in Tempe, Arizona!), I've changed this strategy so that I can make a couple of cards for the store and repeats for my stash and use at Christmas.  In the end, I like both techniques.  However, it means that this year I'll be sharing a few more Christmas card designs.  You've already seen a few and today I'm sharing one of my most favorite.


Made with my Distress Oxide inks on Kraft cardstock, I stamped the trees from Papertrey Ink's Enchanted Forest stamp set in this eclectic scene card.  Splatters of black and white acrylic paint in the background and white pigment ink stamped snowflakes really set the scene.  I used a red marker to add the dots to the "stick" trees for some bright contrast.


These first three cards show my trial and error dry embossing a frame using some dies.  I settled on this thinner, more subtle version for the repeats.



A few down and a few more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?