Background

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I Can't Thank You Enough - A Beautiful Card


I was recently given Fenton Glass basket by my stepmom.  Her mother passed away several years ago and this summer her father.  She was left with some of their collectibles and was kind enough to share one with me.  This is very thoughtful as she has children and grandchildren that I am sure would have appreciated this.  The basket is a beautiful purple and very pretty.  As soon as my Rose's start blooming I will be putting this basket to good use.

As thoughtful gift deserves a thoughtful thank you.  I had picked up the Pink Fresh Studios/Simon Says Stamp collaboration set for Stamptember 2019 and thought it would make a nice thank you once I did a little no line watercoloring with my Sennelier student watercolors.  This card is the result of that effort.  I used Bee Paper watercolor paper;  which is 100% cotton, but a little thinner than some watercolor paper and one of my favorites for card making.

I had completed all of the watercoloring and die cutting, but had a slip of the stamp when applying the sentiment.  Determined not to lose all the work, the sentiment was then stamped on a different piece of Bee Paper and popped up on the image.  Overall, I am pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?