Background

Friday, December 7, 2018

Silent Night, Holy Night - A Card Set


I picked up the Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas stamp and die at a craft show last year on a whim.  It was cute and there was a good discount.  I didn't think that I would come to love the set as much as I do.  I made these cards, these cards and these cards previously with this stamp and die set.

Those are lovely cards, but these stained-glass looking cards are simply my favorite.  The design is simple - the MFT Abstract Background stamp was stamped over the masked nativity "heart".  I used a black Sharpie to create a black frame around the stamped image to simulate the window effect.  After I colored with my Zig Real Brush markers, I trimmed the excess away and mounted on the white card base which had been stamped with the sentiment.






The coloring was relaxing and satisfying.  The entire set was some of the most enjoyable cards I've made in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?