Background

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Honoring Our Family Loss at Christmas


The cemetery where my grandmother was laid to rest has pretty strict policies on floral arrangements.  I image this is probably the case for most cemeteries.  Still, they allow one wreath during the month of December.  Since there is very little weather in Arizona, I wanted to make something that my grandma would have loved.  This is the final result - an evergreen wreath base from Hobby Lobby decorated with holly, pine cones and various golden decorations.


Ornaments on the wreath express our Hope as we celebrate Jesus' birth - our ultimate hope of redemption and the lesser hope that we will reunite with my grandma in heaven when we all get to spend eternity with our Savior.  Until we meet again, grandma, we hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?