Background

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Using Concord & 9th's Monogram Stamps


I have been putting together last minute Christmas gifts.  This post is the first in a series of cards made as gifts for good friends of mine.  The five of us girls hang out periodically together and so I wanted to make cards to give them using my Concord and 9th Monogram collection stamps and die set.  Here's my brilliant (yikes - a planned total of 32 cards) idea:

  • One each of a set of cards with general sentiments
  • One each of a set of the individual's monogram (i.e., A for April's cards, M for Mai's cards, L for Lorraine's cards and K for Kathy's cards)
I decided to use colored cardstock card bases and stamp in coordinating colors - shooting for a monochromatic look.  This first set - my favorite color is green - I decided to use the G monogram - G is for Grateful.  


What follows in each case is then the monogram cards for the individual person's monogram.  I each case, I used the dies to cut out the monogram and the clipboard like die cut as well as the sentiment flag.




I decided to use my mint green for the monograms.  I really like the softness of the background and the sharp look of the flowers stamped within the monogram.

I cannot even tell you how pleased I am with how these turned out.  I'm certain the ladies will love using their cards and I had a blast doing the stamping with my new-to-me Mini MISTI.  I have a ton of photos to edit and post, which I'm going to try to get done this week since next week is Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?