Background

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Embroidery Projects - 50 States



One of my favorite local-to-Arizona artists, Ann Corbiere-Scott Designs recently partnered with Adorn It to release a series of Stitch It Hand Embroidery Kits, 50 States Stitch Series.  I fell in love and purchased the patterns through their Instagram account and a link to a Facebook sale.  Oh, I'm in love with the final results - the three states in which I have lived in my lifetime.  Arizona is where I have spent the past 36 years.  I married a native Arizona boy who has grown to be the love of my life.  We won't leave as my Arizona boy doesn't do weather (we don't consider the searing heat of 117 degrees forecast for this weekend weather!).  I have come to love the desert and it's unusual color as well as the beauty which is found throughout our great state.


Colorado is the state of my birth and where my heart is.  I think it is the most beautiful of all the states I've been to and the scenery captures my imagination.  We've taken the kids and visited often and some of my favorite memories are there:
  1. I was engaged at the top of a mountain looking down into the valley and a lily pad-filled pond...
  2. We took the kids through some of the caves to utter darkness, silence and wonder.... 
  3. There is no more beautiful drive than through Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park
The state where my heart is.


Lastly, the state of my youth - Minnesota.  I enjoyed a quaint and peaceful (read: safe) childhood growing up in small town Southern Minnesota.  This, too, is a beautiful state and I couldn't have asked for a better place to grow up being known and cared for by an entire town of people - learning to be frugal and practical and connected.  


Now I need to get these hung up in the house to enjoy them in the years to come.  I am so pleased.  I'd recommend the products, easy to do (though Minnesota had a LOT of stitches) and the result is stunning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?