Background

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Mother's Day Cards


I love all things Tim Holtz and I could thin of nothing better than using some of his Wildflowers and Potted dies. I grew up in Northern Arizona and wildflowers are everywhere. Since Tim also lives in AZ, I like to think our flowers in particular inspired these dies.  As long as I can remember, wildflowers in jars decorated our tables, especially when we would go camping.  

I cut the Wildflowers from Bee Watercolor paper and I couldn't bee ( pun intended) more pleased with how they turned out. I painted them with Mission Gold watercolors.  I will say, these dies are not small and you do use a considerable amount of paper.  I point that out as you may want to use less expensive watercolor paper. I used the Bee because it is one of my favorites and I was making cards for very special people. I would use something less expensive if I were making these to donate or sell.

Depending on which picture you are looking at the pot is either woodgrain or terracotta.  While the woodgrain took a little effort, I love how the terracotta came out! They look so real, especially in person. I used a terracotta cardstock from the stash and Wild Honey Distress ink to shade it! 
Also depending on which picture you are seeing, the background are different, two are the Distress crayon Fresco and one is using a shiplap background that Dawn at Wplus 9 came out with a while back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?