Background

Friday, July 31, 2020

Another Sweet 16 Birthday Card



Being completely transparent, I will own that the background wreath on this card was stamped using my Concord and 9th Wreath Turnabout stamp set.  The transparent part isn't the stamp set, but the fact that I stamped it back in 2018 when I bought the stamp new!  I had a very enjoyable (as I remember it) stamping party with all my inks and patterned papers and I stamped wreaths and set them together with the matching patterned paper... in a plastic zip-lock baggie... for two years before I stumbled upon them here in the past couple of weeks.  I shook off my disappointment in my self (they were so pretty, why didn't they deserve to be made into pretty cards?) and set them on my workspace to be finished, finally finished, and made into cards.

When my mom and grandpa wanted to sent a card to my cousin's daughter for her 16th birthday, I decided to use one of these card fronts to create a unique and one-of-a-kind birthday card.  This card is the result and I'm so very happy with how it turned out!  The sentiment is a combination of stamp sets, a Penny Black stamp set ("sweet" is part of one stamp), another Concord and 9th stamp set (for the "16") and The Greetery Birthday Blooms stamps, though I fussy cut the entire sentiment out to make it contiguous.   So pleased that his card finally made it's debut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?