Background

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Using Capsule Crafting by Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title:  Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.  As the quarantine process has extended and even though there are re-openings everywhere, out of an abundance of caution and love for our fellow citizens, we continue to isolate to help slow the spread of the virus.  As such, we decided to modify the challenge for the month of June.  Instead of a weekly challenge, we determined to use a capsule crafting approach.  Capsule crafting was created by Kristina Werner and you can see her take in these posts.  I explained how I chose my capsule supplies in this post.









This will be my last post using the capsule to craft some cards, our challenge for June.  I'm really pleased how these cards turned out.  I ink blended a background using Distress Oxide inks and then stamped with Oxide ink using my Simon Says Stamp You Are background stamp.  Using my Waffle Flower Sprigs dies and Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments for a sentiment strip, the card almost made itself.



I've so enjoyed our capsule crafting and look forward to July and the challenges ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?