Background

Monday, February 3, 2020

Winter Greetings Notecard Set


I was so enamored with the Simon Says Stamp January 2020 Snowflake Builder stamp set that I decided I had to have it.  What I was most interested in was the Stream alcohol ink that all of the demonstrators were showing.  Much to my dismay, I receive Denim alcohol ink.  *Sigh*

Wanting to make the most of the kit, I decided to get busy and play with my alcohol inks.  Another disappointment... my antique gold alcohol ink has somehow gone "bad".  It's old, but I guess I didn't expect it to last forever.  You can see the sentiment accumulation in the upper right hand corner sample and the two lower left samples.  Not to be foiled again, I found some Zig gold alcohol ink and used that to make a couple of examples and turned these samples into cards.  I ultimately used the Distress Mica Flakes from the kit to border my cards and paired most of the cards with some white cardstock snowflakes using my collection of SSS snowflake dies.



For this card I tried to use a straight edge to create some contrast - not sure I liked how it turned out, thought the lines are more grey toned in person.  All in all, I enjoyed making these cards and have a few more card fronts that I could use.  I figure I'll try to put together some additional designs in the coming days.


Feeling snowy as I recently traveled to Michigan for work.  Snowflakes dropped most days, though thankfully there wasn't any accumulation.  These cards are a bit late in Arizona, but I had a ton of fun playing with the card kit for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?