Background

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Metallic Gardenia's


 Last year I found a new to me stamp company called The Ton! I immediately fell in love with there stamps and new it was going to be a tough temptation to avoid. I picked up the Gardenia border cling background stamp.

I had some Prima watercolors out from another project, so I thought I would see how they looked on the gardenias.  I used Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock and heat embossed the images then painted with the metallic paints.  I will tell you photos DO NOT do this justice.  I do believe this worked out so well because of the Bristol paper.  So metallic, but not overly so.

The sentiments are all from Penny Black that I have had forever, but they are so pretty and seemed to fit just right.



I had some metallic card bases in the stash, probably from Hobby Lobby or Joanne's that were perfect to mount these on.

I plan to do more card using these supplies soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?