Background

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Just Because I'm So Happy You're My Friend



Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a beautiful card that my bestie Brandy made and mailed to me as a surprise.  No real special occasion, just to let me know how very happy she is that I'm her friend.

Right back at you, friend!  This bright and cheery card made my day.  Created using Newton's Nook Floral Fringe stamp set and colored with her Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on Bristol, the embossed image just pops off the page.  I tried to get a picture to show the dimension created using enamel pens, glitter glue (Stickles, I think!?)  It is sitting in my front room, on display for everyone who enters the house to see.

Andie for 

Also, today we are celebrating my friend who is retiring to Florida in the next few weeks.  Since it is Cinco de Mayo, I made some tissue paper flowers to adorn the tables at the party.  Here's a few pictures:





I made these as a kid in Girl Scouts for Mother's Day one year.  Then, I made these with my daughter to celebrate Thinking Day with the Girl Scouts one year, probably a decade ago.  They are simple to make, but have a beautiful finish.



So much fun in a bucket (those are borrowed tin colored buckets to house the flowers).  It probably took me two hours to make six centerpieces.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to those who celebrate.

More importantly, Happy Retirement Michele!  We're sending her off with pretty, colorful flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?