Background

Friday, May 10, 2019

A Retirement Party Invitation


I had mentioned earlier this week that I made decorations for a friend's retirement party using tissue paper.  I forgot to post these pictures of the invitations that I sent out.  This was a simple double sided card with this stamping on the front and the party information on the back.  I used my Papertrey Ink Year of Psalms stamp set and some ink blending with Distress Oxide inks. 

I really enjoyed the ink blending using a torn edge of masking paper to separate the shoreline from the lake.  The pictures don't capture the blend of yellow and blue which created a green pasture - maybe my photo editing is off a bit.  I didn't notice until all the cards were sent out.

Super fun and a great way to celebrate a delightful person.

Here's some photos of the event.





Happy retirement, Michele!  We'll miss you (she's moving to Florida, lucky girl), but hope this party let's you know how loved you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?