Background

Thursday, May 31, 2018

More Sympathy Cards


I'm sharing some encouraging sympathy cards that I made using my Concord and 9th You Are Enough bloom and my Year of Psalms stamps.  I stamped the flower image in Distress Ink (Peeled Paint and Wilted Violet) and then used the ink to watercolor in the image.  The sentiments are all stamped in Archival black ink.







I also used a glitter pen to add some sparkle to the flower.  In person, this sparkle is very subtle.  I meant these cards to encourage while the family is suffering and also as a sympathy card.  I think this technique provides a nice, subtle finish for both occasions.










The inside sentiments come from various sets, mixed and match to send a variety of sentiments.  My grandma has already used one of these cards.  I'm hoping the rest stay in the stash for a while as well.

Today marks the end of May.  I'm right in the middle of a site audit at work - long days with lots of brainpower being expended.  I pre-wrote this post last weekend so I didn't have a lapse in posts.  Proof that crafting is a stress reliever - I was lost in posting instead of working.  Here's hoping your May was colorful and your June is delightful.



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?