Background

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Peony Blooms for a Graduation Card


I'm stopping in to share a card I made for a graduate.  I used my new-to-me Polychromos pencils to color the flower and then die cut the flower to mount on the card.  The Bible verse is a Papertrey Ink Year of Psalms stamp.  I think this turned out very eloquent.  Just the look I was going for this young lady graduate of a friend.

Note - I've included my "readers" glasses in the picture which I now need to make sure my coloring is precise.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing - meaning I have precision in my coloring - or a bad thing - meaning I've reached the age where I now need readers.  I'm going with it's a good thing.

I'm linking this card up with the following challenges:

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 413 Graduation since this is a graduation card

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Simon Says Use More Than One Stamp since I used about 6 different stamps (big flower, little flower, leaves, sentiment, hearts, etc.)




3 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and the Psalm is beautiful. Very nice graduation card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. 6 different stamp sets. This card is mightly gorgeous. The subtle yellow and sepia color tone gives it such a vintage vibe and the flowers are colored flawlessly. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?