Background

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Some Get Well Love



Another card using my Crafter's Companion stamp set.  Here's the details:
  • The image was stamped onto watercolor paper using brown Archival Ink.  
  • I colored the image with my Distress Markers using the watercoloring technique- Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, and Worn Lipstick.  
  • The patterned papers are all from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads. 
  • The green organza ribbon is a reuse from the stash.  It works so very well here!

 
I also sent this card to my grandma during her recovery from surgery.  She has a well know endearing habit of raising one hand hear her cheek and making a very small wave to draw in great-grandchildren whom she hasn't seen for months.  Her simple wave almost always overcomes their shy tendencies and they climb right in her lap.  Mrs. Mouse looks just like my short grandma as she waves with her broom in her hand.  This one brings a smile to my face!  I'm sure grandma noticed and was pleased.


This card was made in almost exactly the same manner.  She's a busy little mouse.  Those papers are a perfect match.  I have plans to make more cards with this stamp set as I really enjoyed making these.  We'll just have to see how that works out for me.

ETA:  I'm linking this up with Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: D is for Distress because I used my Distress Markers to color the images.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I love both of these Andie! These are gorgeous and I think your water colouring is amazing! Inspired me to go out and buy some watercolour paper! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute cards and what a busy mouse! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?