Background

Friday, March 7, 2014

Get Well Card


I've owned a Crafter's Companion stamp set since last year's CK convention in April.  My children's nursery (17 years ago, yikes!) was Beatrix Potter design and I've loved her art every since.  Truthfully, I read the books when I was a kid.  Here's the details:
  • The image was stamped onto watercolor paper using brown Archival Ink.  
  • I colored the image with my Distress Markers using the watercoloring technique- Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Worn Lipstick.  
  • The patterned papers are all from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads.  It's hard to believe this paper has been in the stash for nearly three years.  Wow time flies.
  • The arrow comes from the Sweet Threads sticker page.  I stamped the sentiment in black Archival Ink with my ODBD Ornate Borders sentiment stamp
This beauty was sent to my grandma during her recovery from surgery.  It is sure to have brought a smile to her face.
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so so sweet, I love the paper you used and the image is adorable!
    Thanks for stopping by the Italian Challenge Blog to cheer me on my friend, you are the best kind of blog buddy!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the image is adorable. I love your choice of papers and the water colouring is wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?