Background

Thursday, March 27, 2014

You Simply Sparkle


I've a few blog friends that I just adore.  This card was made to brighten the day of Jessica over at Errant Scraps.  She inspires me with her prolific scrapbook page creating.  All of her projects have multiple layers of goodness and I find her works to be more art than science and my own work sometimes seems more science than art.  She inspires me.  I thought that maybe I would string some pretty papers together and brighten her day.  Here's the details:

  • All papers are from KaiserCraft's Miss Empire collection.  The pictures don't due the colors and pattern justice.  This paper is gorgeous!
  • The frame is cut using my Spellbinders Labels 17 out of the patterned paper.  I cut another frame from a smaller die out of a coordinating piece and cut the piece in half hiding part of it at the end of the orange frame.
  • The frame comes from a patterned paper filled with various vintage tags.  The rose comes from the same piece, just a different tag.  
  • The flower is cut from glassine paper using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret.  This paper crinkles and colors as I shaped it.  So gorgeous and a perfect fit with a pearl accent right in the center.
  • The sentiment is from a Market Street Stamps set stamped in brown Archival Ink onto a Tilted Banners die cut.  I then edged the banner with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 
It does seem as though time passes quickly.  I've been meaning to send a card for some time.  I thought a new die cut from my Heartfelt Creations Once Upon a Time stamp and die set would fit nicely on the inside.
  















Yeah, it seems to work here.  I've long delayed posting this card in hopes that it would reach her.  Then, life got away from me, so here we are.  Yay for blog friends and encouraging others, no matter the delays we allow to slow our progress!

I'm linking this up over at Word Art Wednesday's Challenge # 125: Anything Goes.  They always have such a variety of projects on display.  Come join the fun or just stop by for a look.


2 comments:

  1. This is truly gorgeous. I love how you rolled the edges of the out most layer. Fabulous layers and love love that inside clock!! WOW. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Love the vintage touch and the design is impeccable. Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Would love to see you join us again in our next Challenge. Leaving you with a blessing from God's Word in Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?