I've a few blog friends that I just adore. This card was made to brighten the day of Jessica over at Errant Scraps. She inspires me with her prolific scrapbook page creating. All of her projects have multiple layers of goodness and I find her works to be more art than science and my own work sometimes seems more science than art. She inspires me. I thought that maybe I would string some pretty papers together and brighten her day. Here's the details:
- All papers are from KaiserCraft's Miss Empire collection. The pictures don't due the colors and pattern justice. This paper is gorgeous!
- The frame is cut using my Spellbinders Labels 17 out of the patterned paper. I cut another frame from a smaller die out of a coordinating piece and cut the piece in half hiding part of it at the end of the orange frame.
- The frame comes from a patterned paper filled with various vintage tags. The rose comes from the same piece, just a different tag.
- The flower is cut from glassine paper using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret. This paper crinkles and colors as I shaped it. So gorgeous and a perfect fit with a pearl accent right in the center.
- The sentiment is from a Market Street Stamps set stamped in brown Archival Ink onto a Tilted Banners die cut. I then edged the banner with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Yeah, it seems to work here. I've long delayed posting this card in hopes that it would reach her. Then, life got away from me, so here we are. Yay for blog friends and encouraging others, no matter the delays we allow to slow our progress!
I'm linking this up over at Word Art Wednesday's Challenge # 125: Anything Goes. They always have such a variety of projects on display. Come join the fun or just stop by for a look.