Background

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thank You Card



I enjoyed playing around with my Simple Stories that I decided to get down with it once again, just using a slightly different set of patterns.  Here's the exact same details:
  • The Thank You sentiment was stamped using my Faded Jeans Distress Ink onto a piece of the patterned paper and then cut using my Spellbinders Labels 18 die.
  • The blue and yellow cardstock frames were cut using my Spellbinders Imperial Gold Labels 4 dies. 
  • The flowers were cut from patterned paper using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies.  A red pearl is left in the center to create a bling factor.  
  • The leaf swirl was cut using my ODBD Fancy Foliage die. 
  • I left the inside blank for a handwritten note just like the Happy Birthday card.
I think the patterns work really well and I went a little crazy going away from the solid cardstock colors I'd normally chose.  It still works and makes things different than I'd usually choose so for that reason I'm very happy.

We're hoping that you enjoyed your New Year's celebrations and are recovering/enjoying 2014 in style.

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. I do love the die cut layers and the fabulous backing paper! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?