Background

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Paper Crafting with my Grandma

I promised to write about and share the crafting that I finished during my trip to recent trip to visit my Grandma in Colorado.  Getting to it "this weekend" ended up being a "getting to it this week".  Sorry! 

My grandma has asked for my help scrapbooking specific photos for the year for the past 4 or 5 years.  She keeps a 8 1/2 x 11 book, so the shape and style are different that I normally do.  Additionally, she is not interested in complex, intricate works of art- simple pages that get key photos together and capture memories.  Here's a sampling of the best out of the more than 23 individual pages we completed during my very short visit.




















Mostly embellished with stickers that my grandma has collected, the pages are simple.  However, the key for me has been to keep the photos the star and try to capture the flavor of the event.  Excuse my poorly lit photos- all I brought was my cell phone camera and the light through the window wasn't the best help either.











































Another key part is to capture a good assortment of the family that is involved.  As such, sometimes the pages get busy, but my grandma just loves seeing each of the kids, grandkids or families represented at an event. 

As the years go by and we think about time passing and the things that are precious to us, I often think of these pages I have helped my grandma make.  These are not the most developed and artful accomplishments of my crafting skill.  They are not the best moments that I spent with my grandma.  However, they are precious and I cherish them as if they are both the best of my accomplishments and the best of my time with her.  Such is what life is made of.

I'm linking this up over at Our Beautiful World: Time Passing.  Come see what others have shared from their word prompt this week!





 The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.
GEORGE ELIOT, Janet's Repentance



IThe golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.
GEORGE ELIOT, Janet's Repentance

Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/l/life_quotes_v.html#py3EYbCowmwKpHJH.99eu
The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.
GEORGE ELIOT, Janet's Repentance

Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/l/life_quotes_v.html#py3EYbCowmwKpHJH.99

6 comments:

  1. oh how nice that you were able to spend the time and do this with your grandmother. I'm sure it will be a time you both will treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time with grandma, and you both are very productive too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and wonderful pages of memories and still creating memories in the making of them. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific representation of the prompt!! And such lovely pages - it must have been a joy to do this with your Grandma ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say, thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at Our Beautiful World, great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to spend time with your grandma! I love spending time with mine, she has such happy treasures hidden in her home and I love how she tells stories about them and the people they belonged to. So I'm happy to see your post :-) Lovely pages too! Thank you for sharing with us at OBW. Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?