Background

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Engagement Card


I had great occasion to help out a co-worker with a card.  You'll remember my coupon book gifts at Christmas- this card was made when honoring the very first coupon from Wendy.  I purchased Heartfelt Creations Burnished Key stamp and die set with some birthday money last month.  When they arrived, I just loved them.  The stamp is a background stamp that ultimately can be die cut with the die to cut out key, lock and sentiment images from the stamped background.  Here's the details:

  • I stamped the background using a Brilliance silver ink twice.  You really have to let this ink dry thoroughly.  I tried to hasten the process with my heat gun, but it still took a little while to dry.  The finished product is spectacular though.  
  • I die cut one of the stamped images and received 17 separate die cuts.  I chose the most love inspired pieces to add as embellishments, the love lock and key.
  • The swirls were cut using my Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lace Swirls cut from plain white cardstock.  These are just fabulous in person- newly purchased with birthday money and quickly becoming a favorite.
  • The sentiment was printed from Word and then die cut with my Spellbinders Labels-Seventeen.  I made the sentiment using text boxes again.  The "As the     has loved..." words uses Baskerville Old font, the "abide in my love" uses italicized Garamond font, and the "Father" uses Lucida Calligraphy font.  I made this using two text boxes as identified in the image below.  I change the text box Wrap Text setting to "Through" so that I have the freedom to move the Father text box into position.  This takes a little skill with Word to figure out.  Here's a Text Box tutorial that covers most of the instructions you would need.
Here's the sentiment as a picture.  Hopefully the quality is good enough for you to use it.





The inside needed to be special too.  I created the sentiment using Word as well.  Here's a picture that you can use:





I cut out the sentiment with the same labels dies of a different size and adhered with foam squares to add a little depth.  The bling came as a sticker so I just had to put it on.  I'm really please how this turned out.  Wendy used it for her son's engagement party at the end of December.  I'm really behind posting.  I promise to catch up someday!




2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, romantic and very elegant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - love the die cuts and the wonderful design. The inside is beautiful too, with that lovely bling! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?