Background

Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Scrappy Calendar






I have made a scrappy calendar for the past couple of years. I usually make one version for my Grandma and one for myself. Occasionally, I make and extra one for either my mom or my husband Dan's mom. This year, I ended up making three using Basic Grey's Calendar Kit. I picked up two of the kits at Embellish It's Play All Day. When Dan asked for one for his mom, I ordered a third kit for myself. I thought I'd post this quickly to give you a heads up. Embellish It is having a sale on all Basic Grey and Graphic 45 product which includes this fabulous kit. Check out the sale product Basic Grey and Graphic 45. Hopefully, the calendar kit won't sell out early.








I didn't always use the exact same pictures. I've included a few duplicate pages to show how different pictures make for different finished looks. Where the pages were fundamentally the same, I've only included one representative photo.




The calendar is the perfect size- 8 x 8 inches. Not too big and not too small. The boxes are small enough to fit appointment and schedule reminders.













































Most of the embellishments are adhered with either Crystal Accents or a tape runner. I've edged most pages in Vintage Photo Distress Ink, including the three open edges of the calendar page.










 





























I'm pleased with the results and I've had very positive, complementary responses from the recipients. The instructions help make this kit go together quickly and easily. I'd highly recommend it. Even though 2014 has arrived, it's not too late.




4 comments:

  1. Adorable creation, so beautifully presented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is fabulous and love all the pages! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts & Im sure you had lots of fun putting them together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I love them. I really need to get my hand on some of those kit calendars, after making two from scratch this year I'm toast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?