Background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Last Minute Christmas Cards




Apparently 50 Christmas cards needs to be my old goal.  I made 50 of my unique designed Christmas cards and was so proud of myself.  Then I addressed and wrote a kind note in each of them only to find I was about 12 short.  That means that my new goal (my 2014 goal!) must be to identify a Christmas card design that I can relatively easily make 65 cards!

Brandy was a very best friend this year in that she purchased for me a new stamp and die set for my birthday.  It was Papertrey Ink's Rustic Wreath stamp and die set.  I made up a few of these lovelies to finish up the Christmas card list.  The wreath was stamped with brown Archival Ink and then cut using a window technique similar to the Heartfelt Creations method I usually use for flowers.



Then I simply colored the leaves using my Peeled Paint Distress Marker.  The poinsettia is cut using my Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die.  The center is created with Crystal Accents and some Art Glitter's Good Earth Texture elements.  The leaves are cut using my Magnolia Doohickies Poinsettia Leaves die.  A couple of red gems (which I didn't get a good photo of) to accent the wreath and this simple design is complete.

On the inside, the Papertrey Ink stamp in emerald green creates a simple, yet elegant finished look.  Again, sorry for the poor picture, but those are three green gems on the card.

One of the vendors that my husband and I work with is very responsive and we have a great working relationship.  Our small business supports a thankful heart at Christmas, so we were able to get a gift card as a thank you to Kai (the consultant we work with).  I wanted something nice to deliver the gift card in so I made this card.  Here's the details:
  • Burlap cut in a strip and folded over.  The sides are sewn with some maroon embroidery thread through both layers.  The top is only sewn through the top layer creating a pocket for the gift card.




  • Wreath made exactly the same as the card above.
  • Poinsettia made with maroon cardstock this time.  I think I like this flower even better.  I sorta wish I'd added a little white paint flecks for snow-- it would have fit so well here.
  • The inside had a sentiment on the computer for our work team to sign a happy Christmas wish. 

I've almost caught up with the Christmas projects.  Just a couple more posts.  I hope your year is starting off with warmth and cheer (despite the temperature outside for most of the US).



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card - love the wreath and that poinsettia! Then genius, love the burlap and then using it to make a holder - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?