Background

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Grandma's, Thank You Cards and a Rustic Wreath




I had mentioned at the end of last week that I was planning a trip to visit with my grandma in Colorado.  It's a snowy time of the year for that kind of trip, but she has been ill lately and is facing major surgery.  We didn't get to see enough of each other during her visit in November because she spent the majority of her time here in the hospital.  All that and a $97 plane ticket was sufficient motivation to hop a plane.

Since we knew that she was going to be having surgery, I packed 1/2 a suitcase full of crafting tools and supplies with the intention to make her some Thank You cards.  In the end, these five duplicate design Thank You's were the only one's we made.  Not to be sad or anything, I've a post to put together to show you the crafty goodness that was our
 substitute. 



Here's the details:

  • I stamped the wreath with brown Archival Ink onto white cardstock.  I then colored the leaves with my Peeled Paint Distress Marker.  Stamping off the page can be tricky- I had to be careful with firm even pressure all around.


  • I then stamped the sentiment using the brown Archival ink as well.  




  • I had brought with me a set of bling, so I added a few pieces strategically around the wreath.
  • I had cut and shaped the Vintage Floret flowers for another project and brought them with me.  I added a piece of bling to the center and glued it in here. 
  • Inside I stamped one of my Hearfelt Expressions sentiments in brown Archival Ink.




















My grandma doesn't actively participate in my crafting, but mostly sits beside me and we chat while I work.  The BEST!  I left these five cards with her for use in the coming weeks as others are kind to her. She is a letter writer/sender and so I think will truly send them out.  Yay!  I'll be back later this weekend with a view of what distracted me from my card making.  Good stuff.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I hope your grandma feels better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card and I love that you do it with your Grandma whilst chatting and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, glad you were able to spend some quality time together and can't wait to see what else you made on the adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?