Background

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Volcano



For the most part we stayed inside after dark.  Walking around Vegas in the daylight was its own kind of special with young children.  Walking around at dusk waiting for the volocano show, nighmarish!  It is fun people watching, but one wonders what it taught my children.  I'm thinking less than I thought, but more than I expected, ha ha.



























The fountain at the Bellagio was the same kind of special.  The musical light display was certainly captivating.  Let's face it folks, we were a bunch of certified tourists for the week.




Whether it was the white tigers at the Mirage or the Lion enclosure at the MGM Grand, both kids have always enjoyed a good zoo-like display. 

Freaky eyes, dude!  If this scrapbooking effort wasn't inherently worth the time, seeing how far I've come on the picture taking front was worth it.  Some of the errors were tool based- the first point and click digital cameras weren't that great.  However, a lot of the issue had to do with my use of the camera.  Yet, there is nostalgia in these photos that our current level of detail and perfection can't achieve without actual skill.  Yeah, that's what I'll claim... nostalgia.

Thanks for bearing with me as I get these all loaded and edited.  I'm working through this!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous and fun!! We are hitting the West coast next year and wasn't sure about Las Vegas as an option, with the girls. But we just might have to make it a stop and do some sight seeing :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layouts! Yes, I love the Bellagio fountain too, the white tigers and lion are both gone now though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are adorable! Love those LO. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?